Sunday, June 18, 2006

I finally have the time to sit in leisure, in front of my computer, in eager anticipation of the words to come flowing out of my horribly cluttered and miserably distracted mind. And…nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So now what?
Do I just hit Publish and move on?
Do I rack my brain hard and get some words to fall out…albeit incongruous?

Laughter is the best medicine. Time heals everything.
And I find myself immune to both these possible panaceas.

Not completely immune…I must add. Laughter has been able to get through my defenses in the last month and a half. Occassionally. Thanks to my friends. So as I said…not completely immune.

On the other hand…Time…aw! It’s all one cruel joke. Time does heal everything…but…that is only if one is capable of forgetting. And with my curse of memory, I can only sit and watch time pass by, failing in its attempt to erode that wretched part of my brain.

Just read this in Other’s blog:
Read this sms the other day...

"Life has sucked enough for me to know the worth of a friend"

Hmm... life is probably worth the trouble for those choice moments.
The last line makes so much sense.
In our selfish world, happiness breeds happiness…yes. But sorrow? More often than not, it just breeds solitude. Unless of course you have the people around you for those “choice moments”. That’s when life doesn’t seem so futile.

Women are weird.
Men are arrogant.
Some people are arrogant.
Others are manipulative.
Still others (a select few) are both arrogant and manipulative.
Men are immature.
Women are immature.
People are such babies.



That’s quite a complex vortex of thoughts we people of the world are living in.

“It’s not an idealistic world.”
The above line was told to me by a close friend. He had heard it from another friend of his. A part of me wants to just let that pass and say, “to each his own…maybe the world is screwed up after all”. And a louder part of me wants to say, “that’s a very nice way of assuaging one’s guilt. Do something wrong…and blame the world for it. Nice going!”

Not everyone gets what they want.
So? Does that stop people from trying? If the world really was filled with people who stopped after the first attempt, we wouldn’t be anywhere close to where we are right now.

Where are we though?
In a bad state.
People are either selfish or shallow or sad. Or all the three. Or any two of the three.

That’s the world in a nutshell. Quite a comforting thought, eh?

6 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Dhimant Parekh said...

Dude, what you need right now is a walk at 11 pm to Friend's and having a coffee there followed by a walk around the park in front of your home. What say? Give me a call and I shall be there :-)

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Sridhar Raman said...

Chakku:
Or a session of feet dangling over the balcony. That would also work wonders. :)

little devil:
Sigh! I am forced to do the *holding hand over my head* thingy. You see it? ;-)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Punk Floyd said...

i second dhimants suggestion except that we need to go to sudeeps' for coffee!!

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No coffee.
No feet dangling.
You need to get what you want.
No giving up just yet.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger eV said...

Well, going with the trend of suggesting remedies(?) I'll provide 2 of my own:

1. Watch AS
2. Listen to "Oru Naalil Vaazhkai..."

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger pophabhi said...

Things shud turn better. Dravid should be scoring a century.
Even I am sad :).
Great post - I have been thinking the same couple of days back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home