Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Friend...

I do not believe in Winamp shuffling. As in, I believe that it happens. But I don’t believe in using it.

I keep a prepared list of songs in the morning. I open my Winamp, rearrange the playlist in that order, and listen away.
(The rearrangement was during my Infy days. Now, with the latest Winamp, it is just Q, Q, Q all the songs)

But there would be phases when I listen to the same set of songs in the same order. And the current phase has me starting the day with this song – Oru Nanbanirundhaal.

Movie: Enakku 20 Unakku 18
MD: God
Singers: S.P.B.Charan, Venkat Prabhu, Chinmayi

Now why do I keep coming back to this song?

Last Friday, Chakku left Bangalore to do his management degree. And that has left quite a void.

We already have one person safely tucked away in the US. (Oh a special thanks to that person for his call today. Was great to talk to you. And yes, you do have an accent!) With Chakku also missing, suddenly the numbers seem too small.

I miss the PDC (post-dinner coffee) sessions at Friend’s. (Well, the actual name of the place is Sangeetha Condiments…but Kaushik & I call it Friend’s…and that has stuck)

I miss the Java City (Lavelle Road) sessions. There was a period when Chakku, Kaushik, Bandhar & me went to that place for almost 7 days consecutively. And did a lot of voice-over for the couples. (“Ok…let’s go now. Wait. I need to touch my nose. Ok fine…let’s enter now…)

There are a million other things that we monkeys are going to miss.

The song that I wrote about in the beginning of this post has the following lines:
indha kaadhal kooda vaazhkkaiyil azhagilae thoandrumae
thoazhan endra sondham ondru thoandrum namadhu uyiroadu

Roughly translated to:
Even this love…in life…arises out of beauty.
But the bond of friendship arises out of our lives.

Very true.
To me, a true friend needn’t be someone who is there with you at your moments of joy. You always have people for that. But, a true friend is one who would be there for you at your lowest moment. No matter what. And Chakku is precisely that…a true friend.

Here’s wishing him a great management career.

PS: On a slightly cryptic note…Reinstated!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Dhimant Parekh said...

:-(
That brought tears to Chakku's eyes.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger freakphase said...

Receding!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger laksnj said...

Me:Its nice to have a gang.

Dhimant:
"It is.Its great to have friends like these who take friendship to a different level altogether"
---

Its really nice to see you guys together despite all the vagaries of life.

Not sure if this comment is appropriate for this post,but wrote it nevertheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home