Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weird!

You know it has all the makings of a weird conversation when Rajjo and I begin discussing about the NBA. That is precisely what happened last night.

After being offline for two days due to a broadband outage, I was able to finally log on to MSN last night. The centerpiece of the conversation rested on Garnett’s rumoured move to the Pistons, Lakers’ chance of winning a championship with/without Kobe and Shaq’s magnanimity in accepting a pay cut (oh he is getting a paltry 100 million dollars over the next 5 years!). Then a few more minutes spent on why Shaq wasn’t as selfish as Kobe, and of course, that had to lead the obvious mention of how Kobe, being a perimeter player, had more opportunity to be selfish, while “poor” Shaq had to rely on the guards to feed him the ball.

I repeat this was a conversation between me and Rajjo. It is nothing but craziness upped to the nth degree. Or to clarify, hearing Rajjo talk about basketball was “weird and fun” at the same time. :) And as he put it, the same struck him when…oh never mind!

The NBA talk was sandwiched between discussions on the general goings-on of the Gang. One of the points that was talked about a lot made me realize that, what I had been attempting to do the past week or so was indeed the right thing. Which is why I have even made it my Next Big Decision. Rajjo even empathized with the whole situation and called my decision “truly noble”! :) Actually he called me “truly noble”, but factoring his innate possible sarcasm, I coolly transferred that nobility to my new decision. Never hurts to be safe.

The way I see it, this brand new decision of mine turns out to make everybody a winner. The others don’t need to feel bad for what they are doing. I don’t need to feel bad for being cursed to recognize when the others do the “bad thing”. Anything that preempts a feeling of “badness” has to be a great thing…fine, atleast reasonable good. And that is how everyone wins.
(The Devil might understand this better after I made him the first subject of my decision)

[I need to create a topic called Cryptic for my posts, and spare the other readers this torture]

On to even better news, Achuth should be coming soon to Bangalore. It has been 8 years since he lived here properly. Let’s hope this stay is even longer and fruitful. Oh yes, I also speak from a purely selfish point of having another friend back in town.

Now, let me get back to work. Damn!

3 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Akshai said...

"I repeat this was a conversation between me and Rajjo"...Nonsense, I think u were chatting with urself...:-)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sridhar Raman said...

Didn't you notice the title of the post? :D

This is way weirder than me chatting with myself. hehe!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger freakphase said...

"And as he put it, the same struck him when"

Complete that bit :D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home