Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Aa (Anbe Aaruyire) by God (who else!)

A Aa - the first 2 letters of the Tamil alphabet (of for that matter for most languages) - is Rahman's latest release. It stands for Anbe Aaruyire.

Wow! My pick of the album is God's own Anbe Aaruyire. I can wax eloquent on his voice, style, music, genius, etc...but words fail me when I listen to his songs. I need to shut my Winamp or iPod to even think clearly. But do I want to do it? Nope! Never!!

Just listen to the genius at work. Everything in life is just the supporting cast.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Kaps said...

I have started liking Mayiliragey and Maramkothiye.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Sridhar Raman said...

Oh yes! I was talking to a friend about Mayiliragey. Naresh Iyer has done incredibly well. Apparently he lost out in the Channel V singer hunt. Well, he obviously hasn't lost anything!

And yes, Vasundhara Das simply rocks in Maramkothiye.

Only negative about this album is the dilemma of balancing between A Aa & Rising. (embarrassment of riches eh?)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger freakphase said...

"Hi,
Beantown Blogbash.
Details here"

That certainly is a relevant comment. Link Spammage FTL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home