Monday, May 23, 2005

A Week of Two Posts

Starting the weekend with a throat infection isn’t really a dream situation. But sadly that’s what happened. Of course, this didn’t hamper any of my planned activities for the 2 days.

Saturday began with a long conversation with my co-God (Akshai), and we came up with a lot of key decisions – information to which none of the mortals have access. We floated a few more theories, philosophies and shared the usual common sympathy for the doomed mortal race. Of course, by the end of the weekend another member of our gang was being lured towards our religion – you shall find out why and how as the post progresses.

The evening was a 3-people meeting at this lousy place (TGIF). Actually three isn’t exactly the right number – more like two and a quarter. Akin to how a submarine comes up at times to catch some air, so did Inder come up to join our conversations (albeit a few seconds), before drifting down towards his “short-story-writing-on-the-mobile-world”. This gave the Devil and me a lot of opportunity to talk about NBA, NBA and more NBA. Inder’s contributions to these talks were a short laugh, a grin, and…hmm…I guess that’s it. The attraction of our religion was already taking its effect on the Devil. At the most, just a push would have sufficed to tilt him towards us and away from the dark side. As things turned out, it was more like a shove that had him coming towards us (or almost).

(Sunday morning was my school re-union that I had been wishing about for a long time. That shall be described in more detail in the post below.)

On Sunday evening, we were joined by Dhimant as well. By this I mean he joined us at the table, but imitated Inder’s submarine act as far as the conversations went. The Devil, not wanting to be left out, started messaging me – and I was sitting right next to him. :) The mortals misused my name for a lot of their messages, but I just smiled along and pitied their folly – akin to Krishna forgiving Sishupala’s hundred sins.

I must say that I held my rage with remarkable assurance despite the absence of my co-God, but I guess I couldn’t attain total control. The deluge over the past 2 days is a clear sign from us for all the mortals – the END IS NEAR!! We gods can’t provide a more obvious hint than this. Shape up or not be shipped out (in our ark)!

It has just been learnt that the Devil has been rendered speechless by our onslaught, and, in all probability, you can expect a total change of heart from him. Though he definitely wouldn’t be able to complete the Trinity, we might decide to give him the position of a consultant or a prophet. Time will tell.

:-)

5 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The devil has been dragged into this unnecessarily. The devil finds it demeaning to be involved with gods and mortals, as he is far superior to them.

The Devil has to say this
• TGIF is not a lousy place. They make some of the best cocktails in town.
• The devil does not acknowledge Singularism or Droism or Indroism … or whatever
• Religion is just another Devil’s creation to create squabbles amongst mortals and give a heightened sense of ego to the otherwise pitiful gods.
• The devil has been rendered speechless as he is suffering from laryngitis, another one of devils creations. Note to self: Virus I create should not attack me

Devil wishes to thank one and all. This devil is a courteous one, infact all devils are softies. Devil would also like to send out an open invitation to one and all to visit him in hell. All one needs to do to get there is commit a sin.

By the way, heaven is overrated .

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Bloggard said...

heh heh heh

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger freakphase said...

I worry about the Devil and the Gods.

Truly I do.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Sridhar Raman said...

>>The devil has been rendered speechless as he is suffering from laryngitis, another one of devils creations. Note to self: Virus I create should not attack me

Now if this isnt enough proof of the stupidity of the devil...tsk tsk. And he claims to chalk out plans while he cant even talk through a sore-throat. Maybe the ultimate pain in hell is a pin-prick.

Hell is where the devil belongs. And heaven is indeed overrated. But you forget that its the mortals who can end up in heaven/hell - the Gods and whomsoever they choose have the Vaikuntam or Satyaloka or Kailasa.

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The devil never said he was brilliant . He is reasonable and practical

By the way another one of Devil's creations is a Television .

Pray tell me what might one be offered, Vaikuntam etc etc .... Jack Daniels perhaps ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home