Saturday, July 24, 2004

Surprise Surprise

Well, this week has spurted 2 surprises. If only all weeks were this exciting.

Anyway, coming to the first one:
After seeing the live coverage of the Tour de France, I have come to the conclusion that there is more to cycling than just pure effort. Yup, the climb up the mountains can be pretty boring. But the final 7 kms was sheer strategy. Need to see it further to confirm my judgement. 

Second surprise:
Saw Spiderman 2 today. I was disappointed. Note, I didn’t say the movie was disappointing. I had expected a movie worse than Spiderman – which I agree would be quite a Herculean task. But, the movie turned out to be pretty good. Good by normal standards. Great by relative standards.

For starters, they’ve made the movements of Spiderman less of a cartoon and more of a human. It is less smooth. Also, the humour is subtle and pretty good at certain times. (Comparing it with the humour Batman and Robin would be..gawd! Territory better left unventured.)

The major failing of the first part was the amount of tutty-fruity romance in it. This does have its share, but there was no instance where I thought the lead actors would trot to the Alps and sing a duet. The first one had several such instances – with the hospital scene being the major contender.

Coming to histrionics, Toby Mcguire does a good job. Kirsten Dunst cant act for nuts. Of course, that wasn’t the reason she was drafted into this movie.

Overall, a movie that can be watched once.
Oh Btw, I heard a couple of kids (not Ameya or Akshai) saying that this was the worst movie they’d seen. Maybe that’s why I seemed to like it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home