Thursday, July 01, 2004

And so the classes go on...

3rd week into the 2nd year of college, and I have already bunked 3 classes. 3?!!! Just 3..something is definitely wrong. Usually I would have missed twice that number. The simple reason is that I have very few classes in the first place..so bunking will obviously have to decline.

Enough of classes. I have a new theory in my mind and I would like to share it with all you people. But first here is the premise for that:

Lets say that A has a class at 10:15 AM. B has a class at 10:30 AM. I find that there is a strange difference in the perception of these 2 "waiting times". That is, A is not too worried about the 10:15 appointment until the clock has crossed 10. On the other hand, B begins to get anxious by 10:10 itself.
To elucidate further, A begins to hurry up only after 10 (ie 15 mins before the scheduled time). While B gets the urge to hurry up a good 20 mins before the scheduled time.


Do any of you feel the same kind of "differing perceptions"? If yes, read on (for I have a theory). Else, tata bye-bye..nothing more for you guys today.

For the non-Flat-Earthers, here is my theory:

Simply put, it has to do with the structure of the analog clock. I feel that the human mind sees the transition from 9:45 to 10 much much slower than the 10-10:15 one. It is because of the fact that in the clock, 9:45-10:00 is an "uphill task" - kinda against gravity and hence time moves slower. While 10-10:15 is "downhill" and hence time moves faster.
:)

Makes sense eh?!! Your comments are welcome.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger clangorous said...

hmmm , not to be a spoil sport , but try gettin stoned , you will feel tat 15 mins was too long a time , helps for me !!!, anyways i don't have to worry about classes or sumthin , unlike some mugpots out there, just kiddin !!!.


Just Chill not Chilly :-O , oops a bad PJ !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home