Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Janmadinasamsakal

Come November, and the lack of birthday posts ends. Today is the last birthday for this year, i.e. among the Gang members.

We celebrate the birthday of one of the most soft-spoken guys that you can come across.

Looking back at the history of the formation of the Gang (which actually could be a separate post by itself), today’s birthday boy was the one with whom I first became friends. New to this school in XI, and surrounded in a highly nerdish environment, I felt out of place. But he, with the microscopic handwriting, and the unique way of saying, “Noooooooohhhh”, sat next to me, and helped me get to know the others better.

Though he was missing in action amongst us during his engineering days, I really don’t think I ever thought he was missing from the Gang. The phrase, “out of sight, out of mind” (a highly irritating phrase if I may add) never holds among us. Much like how another jackass who continues to segregate himself from the rest of us Indians, this birthday boy was always amongst us in our memories…always!

It is only our greatest fortune that he has come back to Bangalore for good, and makes our cup of joy overflow.

Apart from being the only person in the Gang with whom I can discuss Tamil movies at length, he is also my source for clearing doubts in Malayalam movies (the good kind. :P)

His other claims to fame could come in the form of being the only person I know who used to wear two contact lenses…per eye! And, currently, he is the one worthy enough to be my co-God in Singularism; definitely a claim that warrants a lot of appreciation.

As Chakku once said, “…this guy seems like he is in other realm.” His answers of “hey…it’s ok man!” give people the impression of having reached a superior level of enlightenment that we may only look longingly at.

The way he rags other members of the Gang (especially Mary. :P) is a sight to behold. His re-entry into Bangalore was clouded with a lot of lies from all member of the Gang, excluding me, and that has just given him more ammunition to rag them all. ;-)

Here’s wishing Kokilaben aka Mama aka Achoo aka Achuth a very very happy birthday!!! :-)

Have fun dude!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger J said...

Co-God in singularism? heheh
wot in the world does that mean? Yeah, i'm uninitiated.

Achuth se Kokilaben aur Mama?
is he gay? :p

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger J said...

PS: I showed that F1 post of urs to a fellow F1-hater.
He loved it. Now we prefer calling it Fuck-1

PPS: I’m not as wierd as u ppl make me out to be… err… is it wierd or weird?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Punk Floyd said...

Chilli,

I am also in the fray as the co-god now . :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger eV said...

PF, Why this competition for the co-god position? Arent you assuming that Chilli is a god himself?

On a slightly unrelated note, what is this that I hear about March 2006? :P

"Narayana! Narayana!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home